Introducing Telehealth at Wake Family Eye Care
As we had anticipated the “Stay at Home” mandate for our area, we have added the capability to see our patients virtually through the EyecareLive App. Dr. Badwan will be able to triage and assess your ocular condition through the platform provided in the app. This will enable our patients to have access to our care while being sheltered in place. This service is not for routine eye care, it is only for urgent and emergent conditions. In the event that the virtual consult needs to be seen in the office, we will then create a time for our doctors to see you in person.
The easiest way to see Dr. Badwan is to download the app from your smartphone’s respective app store and create your profile. When the app asks you for a provider, just type “Badwan” and you’ll see Dr. Badwan’s picture. The app will allow you to type your condition, take a photo, or even record a video for the doctor. You’ll be able to schedule an appointment or leave your information for the doctors to review in the event that there are no open appointments. If you leave your information, we can reach out to you as soon as possible to address your needs. During this “Stay at Home” period, our office will have reduced hours for emergency and urgent care. We will continue to provide office hours daily for as long as we can.
Wake Family Eye Care strongly encourages the practice of social distancing to further promote the health and well being of all our patients and staff. This new tool is another step in the direction of keeping everyone healthy while we provide support to our frontline healthcare providers. We encourage everyone to stay safe and make smart decisions while we all try to reduce the spread of COVID-19.
Below are the links to download the EyecareLive App in your respective app store.
Wake Family Eye Care will resume routine vision care starting Monday May 11, 2020. Based on the current public health crisis, we will have modified hours that will allow us to safely see our patients. For the next several weeks our office will be open Monday through Thursday from 9AM to 5PM and Friday with a rotating schedule of 9AM to 1PM or 1PM to 5PM.
We are taking every precaution necessary to provide a clean, comfortable and safe environment for our patients and our team. New procedures and policies will be in place as we navigate the process of reopening. Please understand that because we are a medical facility and performing direct face to face care, these policies and guidelines are mandatory for the safety of our patients and our team. Outlined below are the policies that will be effective for anyone visiting our office.
- Appointment Only: All entry into our office will be by appointment only. At this time we will not allow walk-ins. Please call or text ahead to get scheduled.
- Patients will only be allowed in the office ONE at a time with the exception being for ONE guardian, caretaker, or translator.
- Wearing a mask is required for every patient, doctor, and medical staff.
- All temperatures will be checked and pre-screened prior to entry. We will have a staff member check temps upon arrival. Please know that all our doctors and staff undergo this process as well
- Anyone showing signs of illness including coughing sneezing, shortness of breath, fever or general malaise will be asked to reschedule their appointment.
- Limited capacity. We will be reducing the number of patients seen from our normal scheduling. Please understand this and be mindful of needing to reschedule or cancel your appointments.
- Cleanliness and disinfection: Prior to COVID-19 we made it a priority to clean all equipment, furniture, and areas patients had been in contact with. We have since increased the frequency of our disinfection process throughout the entire office to ensure the health, safety, and cleanliness of our exam rooms, waiting area, dispensing stations, equipment, frame boards, and front office.
Know that your general well being is our top priority. We appreciate your patience, understanding, and cooperation as we navigate these unique and challenging times. We look forward to resuming taking care of your eye health and vision care needs.
Please stay safe and take care of yourselves, we are all in this together.